Come check out the assault on the first sub-4 men’s Mile in Santa Barbara and an attempt at a sub-4:30 women’s Mile this Friday at Santa Barbara City College under the lights. Some of the best Milers from around the country will take aim at these two milestones.
- 8:40pm Mixed Masters Mile: Aeron Arlin Genet takes aim at the American Record in the women’s 50+ Mile of 5:15.55 set in 2002. Aggies also racing include Jason Blank, Alan Jackson, Christine Olen, Jennifer Frere and Kira Abercromby
- 8:50pm Women's Elite Mile: Aggies Danielle Katz racing and Allie Sulaitis and Courtney Moore pacing.
- 9:00pm Men's Elite Mile: Aggies Aaron Potts racing and Nick Woolf pacing.
Want more reason to come out to Santa Barbara? There's also an attempt at an American 50K record on the track, which will also serve as a USA Olympic Trials Marathon qualifier. Aggies Chris Frias and Rajpaul Pannu will lead the pacing duties. Action starts at 7:50am.
- Elite Miles Facebook Event Page
- 50K Record Attempt Facebook Event Page
- Santa Barbara Independent Article
- #timetoflymile - for all related event posts
- #sub4inSB - for men racing
- #sub430inSB - for women racing
- #timetofly50k - for the 50k