Liza grew up in Half Moon Bay, California and began running in high school. Previously, she was an avid ballet dancer and had never participated in a team/school sport. After competing for UC Santa Barbara during her college years, she found her way onto the Aggies via the Bay to Breakers Centipede - the rest is history. She continues to run today because it provides a balance to her work and social life. Liza has a masters degree in Molecular Biology and conducts Clinical Research in the field of Neonatology at Stanford University.
Fun Fact: In high school, Liza was coached by long-time Aggie Kevin Ostenberg.
Favorite Aggie: Kota Reichert
- 1500m - 4:33.00
- 5k, track - 16:39
- 5k, road - 16:57
- Half Marathon - 1:16:48
- Marathon – 2:42:24
- 2016 US Marathon Olympic Trials participant
- 14th place, 2015 Cal International Marathon (US Olympic Trials Qualifier)
- 1st place, 2015 Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon
- 2013 PA/USATF Short Course Road Champion
- 2008 5k Champion at Jim Bush Invite/2008 USATF West Region Track Championships
- 2007 All-Region, NCAA Div 1 West Regional Cross Country Champs
Liza Reichert News