Doug's parents were heavily involved in Track and Field while he was growing up in Scotland, both as athletes and officials. His father started a running club in the 1950s. He ran track and cross country as a child but not in high school or college, and took up running again in his 30s.
Doug joined the Aggies in 1994 and has been competitive as a Master and in his Age Groups throughout the years. He holds a degree in Computer Science from the University of Edinburgh and now works as a Software Engineer at Google.
Fun Fact: Doug's grandfather was in Arthur Lydiard's jogging group in New Zealand and met Bill Bowerman on his visit to NZ in 1962.
Favorite Aggie: TBD
- Mile - 4:43
- 5K - 17:09
- 10K - 35:23
- 10 mile - 59:51
- Half Marathon - 1:18:23
- Marathon - 2:54:30
- 2013 US Masters Long Distance Runner of the year (Honorable Mention)
- 10M (lifetime) PR at age 56
- 2015 Club Nationals Cross Country, 5th place 60+ 8K.
- 1st 2015 and 2016 PAUSATF XC 60+ Grand Prix
- 1st 2016 PAUSATF Roads (Long) 60+ Grand Prix
- 1st 2017 PAUSATF Roads (Short) 60+ Grand Prix
Doug Steedman News